IMACS and LDSS Mask Making Software
A set of software support programs is available for users of the IMACS and
LDSS instruments to prepare slit masks.
These programs may be run in any of these places (Click link to download
The linux distributions may be downloaded using the links above, stored in
a directory of your choice, and expanded by a command like "gtar xfz lsi.tgz".
Then follow the installation instructions which are
also supplied as the file "README" in the distribution.
- Using any Fedora
- Under Mac-OS-X (intel     platform)    V 10.5 (Leopard) linux distribution
- Under Mac-OS-X
(intel     platform)    V 10.6 (Snow Leopard) linux distribution
- Under Mac-OS-X
(intel     platform)    V 10.7 ( Lion ) linux distribution
- Distributions for some locally supported systems:
Please note that this list may be revised with each release, and that
some of the above distributions may be out of date if they are not
currently supported at OCIW.
- As a do-it-yourself  source  distribution.
- Instructions for support on the OCIW linux workstation
Documentation on the use of this software is included in the distribution
itself as text files. At a future time, some of this may be made into web
pages; when this is done, they will be linked here
The software consists of these executable programs:
Here are the data files needed for and distributed with the programs.
- intgui -- interface to define the observing details.
- maskgen -- program which generates mask data from intgui output.
- maskcut -- takes mask specification and generates NC file.
- ncplot -- utility to plot NC movements to see how mask is cut.
- smdfplt -- plots mask described by a .SMF file.
- getlsi (or getisi) -- script to download the latest software distribution.
- mgclean -- script to delete files generated by this software.
- obscat -- script to construct an observing catalog
from .SMF files.
- cacherep -- utility to report star catalogue cache status.
- and other utility programs as needed.
> Please right click and save these files to disk as they may not display
Here are some links to the current distributed documentation files:
And, here are some documentation links for file formats:
Here are links to suplemental documentation and data files which are subject
to change in the future:
slit masks is found on the LCO web site.
For further details, read the documentation, or email Clardy (at) obs.carnegiescience.edu.
Back to Home Page.