(The best mug-shot I could find - even if my red-eyes give
me a possessed look, and my receding hairline is not fairly
- Interacting Galaxies: How do galactic collisions shape the properties of galaxies?
- Galactic Activity: Do galaxy mergers trigger energetic and exotic
events in galaxies, including quasars and active galactic nuclei (both growing black holes), starbursts,
and galactic winds?
- Feedback: Does galaxy activity regulate galaxy evolution, even though
these events are typically rare and short-lived?
- Computational Models and Methods: A continual effort to improve the
computational tools of my trade, upon which the scientific merit is based.
- Our Cosmic Fate: No, I don't mean that I moonlight as an
astrologer, instead I like to think about how our home galaxy, the Milky Way, will
evolve over the next 10-20 billion years. Heck, we can
actually wait and see if I'm right ...
Up to date listing of my publications:
Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or requests for more information (although
please don't be offended if it takes me a while to respond - I get somewhat preoccupied with my
work at times).
A complete listing of movies, including screen shots and alternate video formats (e.g., those that might work better on non-Mac computers),
and a small collection of other people's movies, can be found here.